Dear Parents and Carers,
As you maybe aware from September 2014, ALL children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 will be eligible for a FREE OF CHARGE school meal through Government Funding. However, if you are entitled through the qualifying criteria below to receive free school meals, you must still register your entitlement in order for your school to receive the Pupil Premium funding.
Your child may be entitled to receive Pupil Premium Funding and Free School Meals (KS2 pupils) if you are entitled to receive one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
Our school will receive extra funding
For every child registered for a free school meal, the school will receive money to spend on extra staffing and resources for your child . It’s called the Pupil Premium and is worth £1320 per pupil in 2018-19.
If you currently receive any of the benefits previously listed, please apply at: www.wigan.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
Savings for your family
If you were planning to pay for your child to have school meals or are already doing so, you could save around £350 per year if your child qualifies for free school meals.
Mrs J Hassan Headteacher
Mrs L Morgan-Hillam Deputy Head
Mr C Goulding Assistant Head